Tile Removal Services in Melbourne
Asbestos tiling was used in commercial and residential construction for many years was in Melbourne and Australia wide. Strong, and affordable, asbestos floor tiles were really popular and used widely until the health hazards were known. In Australia, the national ban of asbestos did not take place until 2003 so if your home was not constructed in the last two decades, there’s a good chance it will contain asbestos to some extent. If your asbestos tiling is in good condition and has remained intact, it’s not considered to be harmful.
If, however, you are planning renovations, wish to modify your tiling or have damaged your tiles by accident, you should contact professional asbestos tile removal services first.
This is because there are many risks associated with handling, moving and disposing of asbestos tiling or any asbestos-containing materials. When they are drilled, broken, cracked or tampered with and the asbestos fibres are exposed, you are at a high risk of inhaling the fibres and if they are left alone, they will quickly become airborne and even more difficult to get rid of.
Safe Disposal of Asbestos Floor Tiles & Tiling
At MD Asbestos Removals, our team are specially trained and familiar with safe-handling practices, asbestos tile removal services and waste disposal practices meeting all Environmental Protection Authority regulations.
Contacting experts is the only way to ensure your home is completely free of contaminated materials without causing any damage in the process.
How To Safely Identify Asbestos:
- hecking out the manufacturer product name and date. Look for labels around your home, on your roofing materials If it dates back to the early 1980s or earlier, the chances of your roof sheeting containing asbestos, are very high. Some items such as asbestos cement might indicate ‘AC’ (asbestos cement) on their label.
- The date is not always a failsafe indication as asbestos was not completed banned from use until the early 2000s. If you’ve located a manufacturer’s label, a quick online search of the material or product and what it comprises of is definitely in your best interest to get the all-clear.
- If possible, contact the building company or contractors to get some background information on whether any of the materials contain asbestos.
- How to be 100% sure? Book a free professional on-site consultation or inspection with our Melbourne experts in asbestos roof removal services, asbestos in general and contaminated soil removal.
While asbestos tiling that has remained intact is less likely to cause you harm, you are opening up your household or workplace to severe risk once it is damaged by accident or eroded by nature. The only way to ensure there is zero risk is to have it removed completely and replaced.
24/7 Emergency Services Available
Some jobs require urgency due to health and safety concerns and sometimes due to individual preferences and circumstances. Asbestos Removals Melbourne, in order to accommodate to getting your asbestos removal service done at your convenience we operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Where Else Was Asbestos Used?
If you’re not an expert in building practices or asbestos-containing-materials, identifying them can be particularly challenging. Especially as they can be found in pretty much every room of the house! In addition to your tiling, asbestos may be present in your:
- Insulation and fireproofing
- Pipe cement – cement in general
Book An Inspection Today
If your floor tiling contains asbestos and is damaged or if you simply want to book your free on-site consultation to find out whether or not they are asbestos floor tiles in the first place: contact MD Asbestos Removal.